Eleven years ago I fell in love with, and married a Miracle Whip eating, non-pumpkin loving man. (Love will make you do crazy things.) Luckily, our daughter LOVES pumpkin. We are naturally girls of autumn. Fall is our favorite! My husband and I were married in the fall, O was born in the fall, we love all things Halloween, crisp air, colorful leaves, camping, bonfires, roasting marshmallows, smores, sweatshirts, jeans and boots….it’s just the best time of year. Most importantly, EVERYTHING pumpkin returns for a few weeks! Here is our take on our absolute favorite pie. PUMPKIN!!!!
Cooking With O!
Perfectly Pumpkin Pie (gluten & dairy free)
- Prepared Gluten Free, Dairy Free Crust (Wholly Wholesome brand is also nut free)
- 1 can pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 3/4 cup full fat canned Coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pink sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- omit above spices for 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Combine all ingredients until well blended with a whisk or electric mixer.
- Pour filling into a prepared gluten free crust.
- Cover edges of pie crust with foil or wire pie ring.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 mins, then 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Top with CocoWhip when cool.